Sunday, May 23, 2010

ETSY




So, since I am going to be a lot more mobile these days,
going to Texas for the birth
of my next Grandboy, Isaac,
I decided I needed to take my art
on the road, so to speak.
I have jumped (or been pushed)
into the cyber selling world of ETSY.

In a former life I started wholesaling by selling
my brass handmade jewelry at big industry gift markets
like Chicago Gift Market.


Now times have changed
and the way to meet
millions of potential buyers I'm told is to
Twitter and Facebook
my way into their
hearts and pocketbooks by computer.

So far-not nearly as much fun-
and
I have a feeling the opinions of the
youth and geniuses of this generation
are getting their information only from
THEIR experience or lack there of.
(It's a little like having a skinny young girl
who has never eaten a pot roast seared
in fat with hand rubbed seasoning messaged
into its soul by loving hands telling me how
easy it is to have "portion control" as they
nibble on bits of grass covered in chemicals).

BUT- I am determined to give it a try

because the billions of people using these
services tell me it's like
refusing to learn
to use a telephone
because it's a new fangled contraption.
So...
My jewelry is light weight, easy to ship,
actual vintage pieces since I've had them
myself since the early 80's and handmade by me.

Brass jewelry is back in fashion big time now,
so I am assuming the universe is making it
as easy as possible for me to jump into this world.

What am I missing?
People.
Where are you? Where are they?
I miss chatting with the person considering
adopting one of my works of art to make
sure their intentions are to enjoy and
share the love....
I am told every click on the "views" is
a little love pat.

They say it takes time.
I'm not sure.... am I going to be around
long enough to feel the love?
Do you like me? Do you really REALLY like me?


Please please follow me on Twitter,
http://twitter.com/momboe
Friend me on Facebook,
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1643277645
comment here on my blog
so I know what you think!

2 comments:

Pam Miller Designs said...

very cool jewelry! GREAT photos too! I like the way you've displayed them. Good job.
hugs,

Kay said...

As I've said many times, YOU ROCK!