Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You're getting sleepy....

For those of you who don't know~ I have a secret but...I'm coming out of the closet.
I've been a certified hypnotist since 1994.
There. I said it out loud.
I usually only take clients who are in great need because my art and family schedule is so unpredictable (or that's what I've been telling myself). But a friend REEEAAALLLYYYY wanted to quit smoking so.....
I happened to mention I was a hypnotist and the rest is history...smoking is history that is!

What a great experience for me! Okay-for the client too but what most people don't realize is that in order to be a successful hypnotist you have to -yourself- become hypnotized, completely involved in the process. In order to relax someone else you have to be relaxed. To focus someone else you have to be focused. How you express that comes in many forms but to make sure someone goes from "thinking about quiting" to "deciding to quit" and believing they can be successful takes determination on both people's part.
When I give suggestions to someone else about being positive and focused I am effected as well!
So thanks to my clients who put their trust in me to help them change their lives. You do the same for me!

For the last year or so I've been struggling with how to balance my art life, family life and healing interests. If you have to cancel an appointment to pick up a dresser or a birthday gift of a hand painted dresser by a week, it's not REALLY a crisis, But, if some one is in real pain, either physical or emotional, how do you tell them...uuummm....I'm going on vacation and I'll try to fit you in when it's convenient for me?

I take that responsibility very seriously. So...huh...

Am I an artist that does hypnosis? Am I a hypnotist that does art? Am I am mom, grandma, wife that networks the art world? Am I too spoiled rotten to make a commitment?
Can I really do it all or should I "focus" on one thing?
Same questions...different day.
Do you have an opinion?

1 comment:

LoisW said...

Why does it have to be one thing? Go here and ask yourself these questions..

http://teachingwithted.pbworks.com/Elizabeth-Gilbert:-A-Different-Way-to-Think-About-Creativity