Thursday, July 23, 2009

What am I doing?


I get that question a lot. People assume artists sit in front of a canvas and paint pretty little flowers or throw buckets of paint but the truth is to make a living creating art I found that you need to do what people actually want.
Last week I painted posters for a doctors volleyball fundraiser.
This week it's a 10 foot banner for Ave N Guitars. This is a fabulous little guitar store that my son Nick works at in Chicago. The owners take wonderful care of him and the guys know absolutely EVERYTHING there is to know about guitars and music trivia. Really, I mean everything. Don't believe me? Go there and try to stump them.
Oh, make sure you tell Nick hi when you see him.
He's coming to Peoria this Friday to play the Ham n' Jam. I'm sure you'd like to know what time. So would we. He is opening for the headliner is all we know.
Come out and party with us!

1 comment:

Sarah. said...

That turned out great, Mom!! What were you worried about?